Author Topic: Special Force game download link  (Read 5239 times)

Offline Predator

• Administrator
    • Elite Special Forces
Special Force game download link
« on: July 08, 2010, 09:10:16 pm »
It now appears that mygame.ph is re-directing to gameclub.com and the initial restrictions that were put in place based on geographic location appear to have been disabled.

This link, (http://sf.ph.gameclub.com/download/sub_gamedown.asp), should work fine. Whether there are restrictions in place regarding playing the game online, ie. server access restricted to people who live in the Philippines I am not sure.

It is also worth bearing in mind that the file size is about 325 Mb and the download speeds may well be capped, either that or the download servers are extremely busy, or because there is a long delay in transmissions, but for whatever reason, the download seems to be quite slow, definately an overnight job.

Perhaps the game developers might be a bit more open to support questions now, since it has been some time since I last contacted them, perhaps they might now like to divulge what ports are required to be forwarded in your router in order to host a multiplayer game online. I contacted them several times when the game was first released under the alias of DeathBot and asked that exact question, here is what I received in reply after several requests: "As far as we are aware, Special Force does not require any ports to be forwarded in a users router to be able to play online", (or a reply very similar to that, the contents of which can be found on the Mygame.ph support forums, assuming they haven't been deleted that is). They were initially very secretive about anything to do with the game, but as I pointed out at the time, there is little point in releasing an online multiplayer game and placing so many restrictions upon it, surely it would have been better to co-operate with the people who are potentially going to use your software, especially if you know the answer and are too afraid to give out any information lol
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 07:26:28 pm by Predator »